Why "Founderstein"? Read the original essay here.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Buy a Signed Copy of That's Not What They Meant--Free Shipping



Well, it is finally here. Sort of. Last Friday, I received a shipment of author-discounted copies of That's Not What They Meant!, which has been the sole focus of my free time for the last 18 months. Many readers of the blog and Facebook sites for this book have asked me about getting a signed copy. My answer to this has usually been that I will try to visit your area as soon as possible to sign it.
     In many ways, this is a pity. I have a job where signing stuff is really what I do all day long. I often sign 200 things in a single day. I am really, really good at it. If only, I thought, there were some way of sharing my moderately discounted good fortune with my friends and acquaintances who might like a signed copy of TNWTM!!
     This thought weight on me so heavily that I decided to type "is there a way for my blog to accept PayPal into Google today. And, as it turns out, there is a way. My blog can accept PayPal. So here is the deal I came up with. I would be very happy to send a signed copy of That's Not What They Meant! anywhere in the United States for $15.00. That's the whole ball of wax: tax, shipping, handling, the cut for the Mob. Everything. I will address whoever's name appears in the PayPal account (unless you send me an email at maustin66@gmail.com with other instructions). This compares to the current price of $14.25 PLUS SHIPPING AND TAX WHERE APPLICABLE at Amazon and the list price of $19.00 in most other stores.
     Thanks to all who have followed this blog and helped me along as I wrote this book. Now is the time when I engage in embarrassing self-promotion, which you are all free to ignore.
     But, just in case, here is the link to the PayPal site where you can use almost any payment method imaginable to, well, buy the book.